Thursday 27 May 2010

D'Israeli Gears

Jane chatting. I have a problem with my rear gear. No not my trousers, that cog thing at the back of the bike. When I change gear it takes so long to whir and clunk into place that I've forgotten about it and my foot slips off the pedal and causes me great consternation. Must get it fixed.

Sometimes when we're bowling along,Pete will shout 'Big chain ring! '. Having established that this is not some imminent anatomical catastrophe, I've realised he wants me to change to top gear so I can continue pedalling downhill. Why on earth would I want to pedal downhill? Isn't that what gravity is for? I guess I haven't got the cycling gene.

Mind you only a few months ago I used to derail my chain every time I went out on the bike so I have improved a bit since then. More soon. Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment