Thursday 27 May 2010

No sign of Nessie (yet!)

I have realised that I didn't say where we were last night. We stayed in Bonar Bridge and had an excellent meal at a Bistro called Crannag. The food was first class and the family who run it were very friendly.

I had a slight disaster yesterday as I discovered that an entire can of GT85 cycle lubricant had discharged itself in my pannier and all my spare cycle clothing was soaked and very strange-smelling.

Today's weather was not as bad as expected but we got caught in a couple of hailstorms. The chilly north wind is helping us. We had 2 big hills to get over but as we move South we are finding the traffic heavier and are seeing 'real' shops again.

We are now in Drumnadrochit on Loch Ness but no sign of monsters yet (apart from the one in the picture). We have covered 150 miles so far with 850 to go. Tomorrow we ride down the length of Loch Ness and the Great Glen to Fort William. I will have my camera at the ready in case we spot Nessie.

Peter

T

No comments:

Post a Comment