Saturday 12 June 2010

Aga Saga

Jane boggling
I've never been one of those people who lusted after an Aga, thinking them perhaps a bit of a faff, but I may have been converted. We stayed with Peter's brother Rob and his wife Meg last night who kindly allowed us to use their washing machine. My ancient and battered phone got washed in a pocket. When it came out it was very clean but mortally wounded. No vital signs such as a text from one of my offspring saying 'Where are you. What can I have to eat' I wasn't too distressed having been fancying a new one for a while. Anyway, we took it apart dried it off overnight on the Aga , reassembled it this morning, pressed the ON button and yes , up chirped that annoying little Nokia tune as chirpy as ever. Unbelievable. It's like the Top Gear Toyota, completely indestructible. I'll have to try dropping a caravan on it. I have a new respect for my old phone now. I think I'll hang on to it. I bet if it had been one of those fancy Blackberry and Apple thingies left in the oven all night it would have crumbled.
Oh dear.
Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment