Wednesday 2 June 2010

Bonking

Jane nattering

In cycling circles the verb to Bonk has a completely different meaning from that with which you may already be familiar. It means to completely run out of steam, to be absolutely exhausted and lacking all physical and mental motivation, like a marathon runner hitting 'the wall', in short to be like the England football team in an international friendly against a Restofthethirdworld under 16 girls B team. I was like that yesterday. I blame it on the pill I took to stop the itching from the midge bites from the chain incident. It's surprising, the restorative effect a home made supper courtesy of Rigg house B and B with Fresh Green Veg and 12 hours sleep can have. Today was different. Today I could laugh at the mountains. (As in I could look at the mountain, laugh, and say 'We're not going up that are we? Are we?') I think I've now got this sports nutrition thing sussed. Lots and often. Ha ha, no more bonking for me this trip.

Anyway the weather has now improved so much we can shed our bright yellow midge-magnet waterproofs which seem to attract every man eating bug in the northern hemisphere.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment