Friday 4 June 2010

Half Way There

Jane here
I was misled about the size of Scotland. I blame it on that ridiculously Londoncentric weather map the BBC used to show a couple of years ago, which showed the southeast of England taking up about 90 per cent of the tv screen with Scotland relegated to an insignificant blob at the top under a grey cloud. Then the Scots rightly objected and some degree of proportion was restored. Well it's still deceptive. Scotland is about fifty per cent of the length of GB. I thought after a few hours riding we'd be at Carlisle and then the ride would really start. Happily though, when you get to Cumbria you are half way there! So here we are now in England. Good. I can now safely pimp my bike with some of that England football merchandise. There was very little mention of the World Cup north of the border. Funny that. Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment