Monday 14 June 2010

Hitting the wall at 1000 miles

It's just as well today was a short day as my legs had run out of pedal today and I "bonked" before we had left Perranporth (Jane has previously explained that term). The hills of yesterday continue unabated and it wasn't until I stocked up at lunchtime that I got my strength back (see picture). I don't know why this happened as we had a good meal last night.

We took some time to explore the impressive cliffs and beaches between Portreath and Gwythian.

As we were riding through Hayle we passed the magic 1000 mile mark and I rode too close to a wall and nearly amputated my nearside pannier!

A lady on a Dawes Galaxy showed us a backroads way through Lelant and we are staying in the Badger inn which is a nice real ale pub.

Off to the beach for a little R&R before the final leg tomorrow. We expect to be at Lands End around lunchtime.

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment